Friday, July 4, 2014

What I Really Used From My Hospital Bag


I must say, I really over packed for the hospital in preparation for delivering baby turtle. (If you haven't seen what I packed, check out my post on What's In My Hospital Bag.) I used ~maybe~ one forth of what was packed. I'll mimic the order of my original post and show what I used and didn't:

Duffel Bag:
* Chapstick (I used a few times, but I didn't have that crazy chapped lip that most moms talk about)
* Wet Bag (we made this our laundry bag)
* Hanes Underwear (didn't touch these. the disposable ones were actually kinda comfy. and they were big so they held up my post partum pooch a little too)
* Fuzzy Socks (I used one pair once and realized that I was never a sock person and wasn't going to convert right then and there. I reverted back to the flip flops I wore to the hospital.)
* Towel (Def used my fluffy towel. but I also used the hospital ones too.)
* Hubby's clothing pile (The swim trunks were so handy when Hubs was helping me take a bath during labor and my post partum bath. Since I could barely stand without feeling weak in the knees, he pretty much had to be next to me, while keeping an eye on baby turtle in her bassinet outside the bathroom door. I didn't pack him enough clothes though. We truly only planned on being in the hospital for 1, 2 days max. We ended up being there for 4 nights. Hubs had to run home to change clothes once his supply ran out.)
* Clothes for me (The only garments that I ended up even touching were a nursing bra and maxi dress to go home in.)

Target Bag:
* The Food ( Hubs ended up eating a few things, but went out to get food instead. I ate lots of hospital food, which surprisingly not too bad.)
* Dental Hygiene (Def used it. Esp when I was stuck with the Pitocin and IV and couldn't really take a bath/shower. Clean teeth can make the world of a difference.)
* Rice Pillow/Maxi-Pads/Cloth Pads/Bradley Workbooks (these were untouched.)
* Bag O' Hygiene (Def used this, especially for my post partum bath. Hubby went home for his showers.)
* Relaxation/Misc toiletries ( I only used the deodorant.)
* New Mama Bottom Spray (I didn't start using this until I got home, and boy do I wish I started at the hospital. It felt a lot more soothing and cooling than the medicated spray they give.)
* Hair stuff (It really helped to have my hair out of my face during labor. The nurses even tied my hair for me when my hands were tied down with IV ports. For you gals with long hair, a really high top bun is a great labor hair style.)

Boppy and Pillows (Life savers. Need I say more?)

No comments:

Post a Comment