Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What's in my Hospital Bag?

Ah, the main bulk of the whole packing for the hospital. I packed a total of three bags: the diaper bag, clothing bag, and misc bag. On top of that, there's the pillows that wouldnt fit in a bag. And of course, the carseat (which i dont have a picture of soley because it's outside in the car and with the temps already hitting 90 at 930 am, I've deemed it too hot to go outside :P)

First up is the clothing bag. I managed to fit Hubs and my clothes into one medium sized duffel bag. This is of course, assuming that we only stay for one night at most.

 

The magical duffel bag

I degsinated this little pocket for this one chapstick. I've read
EVERYWHERE that chapstick is the one thing that moms
forget to pack and desperately need while birthing. Putting it
in this pocket will make it easy for hubs to find while I'm
screaming bloody mary lol.

A wetbag for laundry and cheap underwear for the post-partum
bleeding. I bought this 7 pack for I think 5 bucks or so. I won't be
feeling too butthurt if I have to toss them ;)

Fuzzy socks with rubber non-slip blobs at the bottom.

A large fluffy towel. I've read that the hospital ones are a bit
small and on the thin side. I like my towels big and fluffy lol

Hub's clothing pile. He has swimming trucks, an extra t-shirt,
lounging pants, boxers and socks. He loves loves loves his
green socks. In all seriousness, he only wears white socks when
he has to wear his PT uniform.

Pajamas for me. I have a night gown on top, for after birth, and
a pair of yoga pants and large t-shirt for before birth.

Super soft silky robe.

Two maxi dresses for going home/recieving visitors if we have
any come by.

Sleep nursing bras. The left is a Lamaze and the right is a
Motherhood Maternity.

A normal nursing bra.

The second bag that I packed has EVERYTHING else. Tolietries, food, paperwork. I stuffed it all into this poor Target bag lol. Everything inside is organized into smaller bags. The last thing I need is to be in the middle of a contraction and Hubs asking me where something is lol. I'm trying to prevent potential labor induced murder while I try and give birth.

The poor Target bag!

Stuffed to the brim!

The food stash plus two waters

(Clockwise from the top left) Blue Diamond Wasabi flavored
almonds, A baggie full of Cliff bars and honey sticks (I heard
this is a great source of energy while birthing), banana chips,
3 gopicnic lunch packs (I LOVE these lunch packs. They are like
a meal for me, moreso a snack for Hubs. That's why he gets 2 lol),
and lastly, Monsters for Hubs.

Dental Hygine Kit

Lots of travel sized dental care products :)

One of those rice/bean filled pillows, for relaxation purposes.

A baggie of maxi-pads. I know the hospital gives them, but I
brought some incase they were uncomforable for me.

Mini wet bag filled with mama cloths I bought from
Kelly's Closet
 
For those who don't know, mama cloths are resuable cloth
pads. I know it sounds kinda gross, but thinking about it, I
figured I'd give it a try. I mean, we wash clothes when there's
period leaks. What's a designated pad going to hurt?
 

A folder with paperwork, Bradley
workbooks and pamplets.
The bag of hygine :)


Just travel sized body wash/shampoo/conditioner and a mini
loofah.

A bag of misc stuff. I'll divide it into groups that make sense

Relaxation: eye mask, lavender massage oil and anti-stress
cream for the temples.

Misc tolietries: facial wipes, meds for the Hubs, deodarent,
lotion, face moisturizer and Q-tips.

New Mama Bottom Spray. This is for...soothing down there
after birth. I've read about numerous moms that rave about how
this spray really really helps.

Hair! Who can forget about hair!

The third bag is the diaper bag, but that's it's own post. You can read about my Diaper Bag [Hospital Edition] here!

The last bit that we have packed pillows. I have a Boppy pillow to help with nursing and two regular pillows. I like fluffy pillows and I want to avoid discomfort with flat hospital pillows. Plus the pop of color should be a moral booster (and prevent the hospital from taking my pillows!) The things that we'll be bringing that aren't packed are my camera (and it's charger!), our phone chargers and laptop. Is it kinda dorky that i plan on bringing Frozen and playing "Let it Go" while I deliver? I think it would be a good moral booster but Hubs begs to differ.









No comments:

Post a Comment